How can I add extra grading categories to classes in my school?
These enable teachers to mark their students’ performance on classroom and learning skills, such as attendance or participation. Only administrators can add new grading categories for use across classes in the school.
Here is how you create a new category:
- Go to your dashboard, choose ‘School settings’, then ‘Manage grading categories’.
- Click the ‘Create a grading category’ button and enter a name for your category.
- All the categories you create in the school will be listed on the ‘Manage grading categories’ page (see screen below)
- You can view the classes which use the category and remove them from the school if you wish to by clicking on the three-dot menu for each category.
This is how you can add a grading category to a class:
- Go to the class page, choose 'Actions', then 'Class grade settings'. You will see a section for ‘Other grading categories’ below the materials used in the class.
- Click ‘Add a grading category’. In the dropdown window, choose the one you want.
- You can also create new categories here, which will then be added to the list available on the ‘Manage grading categories’ page.