Once a school administrator adds a grading category to a class, teachers can mark their students on them at any time. Just follow these steps:
- Go to the class page and choose ‘Marking’. Note that the counter on the ‘Marking’ button does not reflect these grading categories, as students do not submit work on them within Cambridge One.
- Select a category under the ‘Other grading categories’ section and then the student you wish to mark. See what the screen looks like below.
- Add a score and feedback (optional). When you click ‘Send’ the student will receive a notification and the score and feedback will appear in their progress data pages.
- Once you’ve marked all students in the grading category, it will move to the ‘Completed marking’ tab.
- You can edit the score and feedback as many times as you wish. Click ‘Edit score’, enter your changes and click ‘Send’ to save them and trigger a student notification. Progress data pages will show the latest score and feedback.