Here’s a step by step guide. It’s easy, but you might find it useful to refer to these steps as you create your rule.
- Go to the Materials tile/tab for the class in the Teacher’s dashboard.
- Find the relevant course and select ‘Manage student access’.
- Select ‘Create access rule’ to see course content available.
- Choose units, lessons or activities to include in your content access rule, then press Continue.
- On the ‘Create rule’ page choose ‘lock’ or ‘unlock’, to grant or prevent access.
- Give your rule a title if you wish. If you don’t, we’ll assign one automatically (eg: ‘Lock rule 1’).
- Apply specific dates to your rule if you wish. If you don’t, we’ll assume the start and end dates will be the same as your class.
- Select students you would like the rule to apply to if you wish. If you don't, we’ll apply it to the whole class.
- Once a rule is created it will be shown on the ‘Manage student access’ page. You can review, edit or delete rules by clicking on the three-dot menu.
- Content is unlocked unless it has a lock rule applied to it.
- Where the same content has both lock and unlock rules applied (eg: dates may overlap), unlock always takes priority.
- When you assign activities to your students, this will automatically unlock access.
- Tests are only available to students after they are assigned, so access to them cannot be managed via the ‘Manage student access’ feature. Please use Assignments for this.